Davis Underground only installs FEMA certified concrete storm shelters. The most popular model we install is the “Easy Access” Storm Shelter. Its 45 degree angle access has built-in concrete steps with handrail allowing for safer, easier entry for children, pets, and elderly, than other traditional concrete shelters.
The “Easy Access” Storm Shelter is offered in in two sizes:
- 6’ x 12’
- 6’ x 8’’
All storm shelters come with an 8” wind turbine for ventilation and a 6” vent Standard Installation includes the following:
- Dig and set the shelter
- Backfill and cover with existing soil
- We can either place all excavated soil back around the shelter or leave excess soil elsewhere on site.
Other options and upgrades available:
- Commercial underground shelters up to 40’ long x 8’-6” wide
- Flat Top Shelter - can be installed under concrete slabs for access from inside house or garage
- Install electric to unit - Lighting, battery charging
- Install Cable/Telephone/Data cabling - Watch television reports while in shelter, have backup